[mythtv-users] mythcommflag and rebuilding seek tables

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Oct 8 19:42:48 UTC 2006

* On Sun Oct 08, 2006 at 12:06:45PM +0300, Otto Kolsi wrote:
> I'm rebuilding seektables (SVN HEAD) for some recordings that I
> transferred from the old backend to the new one.
>
> I'm using this kind of command to queue jobs:
> mythcommflag --queue --rebuild -c 1004 -s "2006-09-03 11:30:00.0"

You can't queue rebuild jobs.  This is on my TODO, but right now it
isn't supported, so the --rebuild is being ignored and you're queuing
up regular flagging jobs.

> Now if I check mythweb backend status, I can see all the jobs as "Flag
> commercials" jobs. Some are in "Performing logo identification" state,
> some have finished and have couple of breaks found.

This is flagging commercials.

> Is mythcommflag really only rebuilding seektables or is it instead
> flagging commercials or doing both?

It is only flagging since rebuilding can't be queued.

> I've also executed mythcommflag without queue option to rebuild
> seektables and that seems to do only the rebuilding and not flagging.

This is only rebuilding.  They are mutually exclusive.  The --rebuild
option tells mythcommflag to rebuild the seektable instead of flagging
commercials.

Eventually you'll be able to queue rebuilds in the JobQueue, but I haven't
implemented that yet, it's still on my TODO and not a high priority right
now.

--
Chris