[mythtv-users] Missing Audio from PVR-500

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Oct 8 22:10:45 UTC 2006

My system seems to have lost the ability to record or playback the audio
along with the video captured by my PVR500 card.
The HD3000 card works just fine.
About 5 days ago, I posted that I had 'squeeky' sound output from the
PVR500. It was suggested that I change the sampling rate.
I did that, changing the sampling to 48000 in
Frontend>Setup>Setup>TVSettings>Recording Profiles>MPEG2
Encoders>Default>AudioQuality (whew!)
The stream type was DVD-2.
That corrected the 'squeeky' sound on my previously recorded programs.
However, I did not realize until today, that this killed the audio. I
have attempted to change various settings, but without luck.

I now cannot change the sample rate from 48000 for an MPEG2 encoder. I
presume that that is hardwired. I have run through mythtv-setup but
there is nothing there which appears to have changed or be relevant.

There is nothing in dmesg which appears relevant. The video is fine. In
fact, watching Formula 1 racing *without* being yelled at by the
announcer was ...refreshing. But I would like to have sound..

As noted, the audio works fine on the HD3000, and since I get great
video I do not think it is the ivtv setup... which has not been changed
in at least a month. Before last night the machine had been up for 4
weeks...
Ideas anyone.
I'm going to start with a compile of the latest svn and try a re-setup....

              R. Geoffrey Newbury

        Helping with the HTTP issue