[mythtv-users] No sound in myth; all other sound OK

Stephen Sassman sassman1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 00:57:48 UTC 2006

My mobo is MSI K9N platinum with alc883 onboard sound. I am trying to setup
optical out. The driver is hda-intel. I have already run alsamixer and set
IEC958 to 00 and adjusted volumes. In mythtv I set driver to ALSA:default
and mixer to default. Also tried ALSA:digital and ALSA:analog. Using debian
with ivtv 0.6, mythtv 0.19, kernel 2.6.16. Alsa is version 1.0.13. Here is
my .asoundrc. Also tried the /etc/asound.state file from HOWTO, but it
doesn't help and I don't think I really need it. I can 'aplay -D default
file.wav' and it plays the sound. But just doesn't work in mythtv. Any help
is appreciated. I have an awesome PVR except for no sound!

~/.asoundrc

# ALSA configuration file

 pcm.!default {
 type plug