[mythtv-users] Noise problem with Freeview Card

Graeme McClinton graeme.mcclinton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 07:59:56 UTC 2006

>Are you using the passthrough from the first card to feed the second? I find
>that that causes massive degradation in the signal. I ended up buying a four
>way splitter/amp, and feeding three DVB cards and the analogue TV that way. I
>still have a somewhat crappy analogue signal, but the DVB are all almost
>perfect.

Yes I am doing that.

I wouldn't have thought that was the problem, with it being so
intermittent. Having said that I *hope* it is, because it should be
easy to fix with am amp, and should be easy to prove by swapping
inputs.

>Go to live TV, make sure you're on Freeview 1, then yank the aerials out of
>each card in turn. When the signal dies, you've found what the system
>considers to be Freeview 1.

You'd think if I was smart enough to build a MythTV box, I'd be smart
enough to figure that out.