[mythtv-users] dual head, menus on one, video on another?

Chris Hembrow chris.hembrow at pixelseventy2.net
Mon Oct 9 08:26:07 UTC 2006

I was looking into this a while back, and the easiest option I could find was to use x11vnc and vncviewer to connect to the local box. mythfrontend started on the TV screen, and vncviewer started on the second lcd screen. This also had the effect, which I liked, that when video was playing, the LCD went solid blue, rather than pointlessly showing the video.

Hope this helps

Chris

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 07:36:51 +1000, "Lachlan McIntosh" <lachlan at directions.com.au> wrote:
> I'd really like to know if there is a... Um... Sane/WAF solution to
> this.  I'm about to purchase myself an early xmas gift of an Origen AE
> case, mainly for the reason that I don't want to have to turn on the TV
> to play music (oh and I don't have to have a PC in the living room
> anymore)
>
> Would the video size change mode that I've seen in the front end of late
> help?
>
> Ideally the same menus would appear on both screens, but only video on
> the TV screen (that I have connected by s-video)
>
> A 7" screen I think would be a bit hard to read from the Couch.
>

> Thanks
> Lachlan

Go away before I replace you with a very small shell script