[mythtv-users] All my DVB Cards have broken!!!

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 11:08:15 UTC 2006

On 10/9/06, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/9/06, Per Öberg <oberg at isy.liu.se> wrote:
> > Hi
> > This might be a little out there but i say it anyway...
> > Does "reboot using power button" mean that you actually made the
> > computer completely powerless?
> >
> > If not, try unplugging the power cord and wait for a while.
> >

> No, I guess it would not be completely powerless or if it is, only for
> a micro-second.
>
> I will shutdown and give it five minutes.  Is this a common problem as
> I have had these cards since I started with mythTV in 2004 and never
> seen it before :(

Being the impatient git that I am, I gave the PC about 30 seconds
where it was not switched on (i.e. it still had power supplied to the
PSU, but the machine was not turned on) and it seems to have rectified
the problem, at least for now.

Thankyou all very much for your response, this had the potential to be
one of those niggly issues that could hang around for a long time, but
you guys helped me fix it in about an hour.

Hopefully, it won't happen again, but if it will, not doubt I will be
back here :)

Thanks again,
Whytey