[mythtv-users] Does 0.20 take a beefier machine?

Craig Partin cpartin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:12:07 UTC 2006

> >> Even with the OpenGL working fine, it still takes some seconds from
> >> one
> >> menu to the other, compared to the instant snap-over behavior of
> >> the QT
> >> painter. It's a matter of preference, I guess...  ;-)
> >
> > Takes me maybe 1 second, but I think less. You can also start
> > navigating the next menu while waiting for the transition, as well.
> >

> I seem to recall it to be about 2 seconds, but you are correct about the
> fact that you can immediately start navigating the next menu...

I have lag with both painters.  For most transitions it is just as
fast but going into watch recordings or music or schedule there is a
long (15 sec) delay.  Also, IIRC there was button feedback to let you
know you had pressed it.  In the Myth Center theme the button
higlighting would dissappear.  I surfed through some other themes last
night and they all displayed this behavior.