[mythtv-users] Problem with upgrade (ubuntu-packages) after changing the hostname

Matthias Thyroff lists at Thyroff.net
Mon Oct 9 17:39:58 UTC 2006

> try /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt

Hi Francesco,

thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, that was not it, my mysql.txt reads:

DBHostName=192.168.0.1
DBUserName=mythtv
DBName=mythconverg
DBPassword=mythtv

I have tried some things, fiddled around in the DB, rebooted... and now
when I try to update, it actually tries to access marvin.local, but
still it does not work:

Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user
'root'@'marvin.local' (using password: NO) ....

'mysql -u root' accesses the db without any problem; in the majority of
the posts regarding problems with access to the db, the installer tries
to access as 'root'@'localhost'. Does that make a difference?

Cheers

	Matthias