[mythtv-users] Playback stoppy and go-y. Ie super-duper-uber-jittery.

Akseli Miranto jamirant at iki.fi
Mon Oct 9 19:01:36 UTC 2006

There was a thread with this subject in March. The problem was:

"When I try to play live tv it plays full screen for about half a
second. Then it pauses for about half a second. Then it plays for half a
second, then pauses...."
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2006-March/130273.html

Now I'm experiencing the same problem. I also have a radeon 9600pro
graphics card. I tried to search for any solutions to this problem but
did not find anything. =(  I'm quite new to linux so I haven't yet tried
anything too hard to solve the problem (I'm afraid of making something
stupid). Does anyone know if updating to the latest version of mythtv
would solve the problem? Now I'm using the version that can
automatically be installed in ubuntu draper (0.18 I quess). Or is there
any other solution or do I have to buy a new graphics card? (Is it even
the reason for this?)

-Akseli