[mythtv-users] Picture Quality...

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 23:09:52 UTC 2006

> > I would expect that a card whose sole function in life is to tune TV
> > signals would have a better tuner than an expensive display to which
> > a tuner is just an add-on accessory, but perhaps that's too logical.
> >
> Interesting. My Philips TV (TP368ICI) has a tuner that is far superior
> to my PVR-250.

In the past I've had video quality issues that were addressed by
moving cards to different slots (internal shielding on tuners?)  and
I've seen varying degrees of quality with different video capture
cards.

I would try getting as clean a run from your cable source with as few
other devices or splitters, etc. attached first and see if that makes
any difference.

-Ross