[mythtv-users] Not so slowly creeping machine load after 0.20 upgrade

Martin Brown martin.brown at macquarie.com
Tue Oct 10 06:30:17 UTC 2006

Since my 0.20 upgrade, the machine (combined front/backend) load (as
shown by "uptime") has been increasing at an alarming rate. When I
looked yesterday it was up to a load of 60! "top" shows nothing hogging
CPU: X is at 0.4%, everything else shows 0.0% but when I restart
mythbackend, the load returns to a more acceptable value (<1). This
wasn't happening before the upgrade.

It's not doing any transcoding or commercial flagging.

This seems pretty weird. What could be going on?

Thanks,
Martin