[mythtv-users] xmltv grab_uk_rt or EIT data, which is the best option?

Andrew Wilson migmog at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 09:31:22 UTC 2006

On 08/10/06, Simon Dyson <sdyson at themaelstrom.co.uk> wrote:

> I've also noticed that checking for duplicates by subtitle isn't always
> accurate because the repeat often prefixes the subtitles with the
> episode (e.g. 6/12) whilst the original airing doesn't.
>
> Simon

I was thinking about this. There's scope here for a better duplicate
finder by using some kind of fuzzy pattern matching...
Say if 95% of the description is the same then it's a dup.... or would
this give too many false +ve results?
Maybe if the search elimintated anything in brackets first?
Or with some known acronyms, eg my box sometimes records the SL (sign
language) version