[mythtv-users] guide data for uk radio channels

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 13:54:36 UTC 2006

On 10/10/06, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/09/06, Gary Dawes <gary.dawes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've found a site which details how to use tv_grab_dvb to grab the data,
> and
> > then parse it into an xmltv compatible listing, which I reckon I can
> append
> > to the existing data pulled from RT. sounds like a reasonable plan,
> unless
> > anybody knows better.
>
> tv_grab_dvb is what I still use for radio channels via a nightly cron
> job - haven't gotten around to moving over to EIT data yet, but you
> shouldn't expect any problems with either.
>
> Nick
>
> MythTV Official wiki:
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/
> MythTV users list archive:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users

Been really busy, and only got chance to have a look this weekend. Peter
Dash's suggestion of turning on eit scan in the video source section of
mythtv-setup worked. I had already turned on the "use on air guide" box oin
each radio channel.

the quality of the data seems so far to be fine, and I've already recorded
quite a bit from BBC 7. thanks to everyone.