[mythtv-users] Fast Forward with sound

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 11 01:55:54 UTC 2006

On 10/10/06 20:25, Sergei Gerasenko wrote:

>I've seen a couple of posts about this, but I'm still not sure whether
>there's a solution for this. The problem is that when fast-forwarding,
>the audio also gets fast forwarded. Anything I can do to fix it? I'm
>running 0.20 and I did upgrade from 0.18 for what it's worth.

You have a corrupt/broken/non-existent seektable. Start by running the
optimize_mythdb.pl script.  Watch its output.  If you see that
recordedseek was corrupt (and fixed by the script), you'll need to
rebuild seektables with "mythcommflag --rebuild --all" (after which you
may decide to flag commercials with "mythcommflag --all").

If you don't even seek recordedseek being scanned, your database upgrade
failed (possibly becase of a corrupt recordedmarkup table).  Cleaning
that up will be more involved (so, let me know if that's the case and
I'll give you better instructions).

>Also, given the fact that I have a PVR-150, can I configure its remote
>in such a way that it behaves exactly like tivo's as far as fast
>forwarding/rewinding goes? Anybody been successful at that?

What's a TiVo?  (Just a joke.  I don't have any idea how a TiVo's remote
works, though, so I can't help.)

>Finally, where do I override the fast-forward/rewind defaults (in
>seconds)?

Step 1--*before* upgrading--read the "What's new" (in your case--since
you're upgrading from 0.18--for versions 0.19, 0.19.1, and 0.20):
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.19#New_Features
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.19.1
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.20

Step 2--*after* upgrading, but *before* posting--read the FAQ:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Where_have_the_options_for_the_FF.2FRW_jump_sizes_gone.3F__They.27re_not_where_they_used_to_be_in_the_Setup_menu.

The answer is in the 0.19 Release Notes (in the section to which I
linked) and in the FAQ (specifically in response to the question to
which I linked).  :)

Mike