[mythtv-users] I'm getting a better antenna

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 11 05:09:39 UTC 2006

On 10/10/06 23:43, Tim Litwiller wrote:

> when I setup my zap2it profile I took out the channels that I couldn't
> receive. Now I should be able to get 2 or 3  more HD channels and
> similar SD channels.  Do I just change the zap2it profile and it will
> get the channels or do I need to go into mythtvsetup and scan for
> channels after the mythfilldatabase runs to get the additional
> channels or some other process in mythtvsetup?

Don't scan analog sources--for them just add to your DataDirect lineup
and mythfilldatabase will pull them in (as long as you don't pass it the
"--remove-new-channels" argument).

For digital sources, you'll have to use mythfilldatabase's
"--do-channel-updates" after adding the channels to your DataDirect
lineup.  You'll probably also need to scan for those channels, but
others can give you far more detail on that.

Just remember--only scan the digital source.

Mike