[mythtv-users] alsa settings and screen blanking

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Oct 11 14:48:56 UTC 2006

Somehow my alsa settings keep getting reset for no reason. The machine
hasn't been restarted or anything, yet the alsa settings are back at
some default. I have my alsa settings stored using /usr/sbin/alsactl
store.

When my box starts up I'm using a script like the one on Jarod Wilson's
site for starting the frontend which also runs: /usr/sbin/alsactl
restore.

This works, but at some point it resets. Any ideas what could be
happening?

I'm also having an issues with the display blanking out. I'm using
SVIDEO out on an FX5200. I have the screen saver disabled and Power
Management is set to not blank the screen. Is there another setting I'm
missing for blanking the screen? Seems to be NVidia related because
there's a big X on the screen sometimes, but can't find any settings
causing it.

Thanks,
James