[mythtv-users] Information/Recommendations on a new MythTV

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Wed Oct 11 17:07:09 UTC 2006

On Wed Oct 11, 2006 at 11:12:20AM -0500, Michael Hobbs wrote:

> Timothy Chartier wrote:
> >> I've read about issues with Reiser but have no personal
> >> experience.
> >>

> > Any chance you remember what some of those issues were?
> >
> Reiser3 had some file corruption problems. Most distros have been using
> Reiser4 for several years now.

Ah, no - I don't think any distro is using Reiser 4 yet (it's not in the
mainline kernel either), it's also not been available for more than
about a year.  I did give it a try a few months ago but found it far
too unstable (that may be due to interactions with NFS though).

Reiser3 did have some issues early on, but I've had no issues with it in
the last few years.  It's worth pointing out that SuSE are dropping it
as their standard filesystem though - there's no development going on
with it and no upgrade path (Reiser4 requires a reformat).

Cheers,
        Robin
--
     ___