[mythtv-users] Total system crash when going to EPG from LiveTV (orvice-versa)

Mike Hoehn bit at birnehh.shacknet.nu
Wed Oct 11 18:01:30 UTC 2006

Mike:

>	When entering or leaving the EPG from LiveTV, I estimate I have
about 20%
> odds of the whole system crashing. It happens mid-refresh, with half the
screen
> showing a frame of LiveTV and the other half showing the EPG. No keyboard
or
> mouse input is accepted and the only way to get the machine back is to
power it
> down and restart it. Also, the database has to be repaired afterword to
make
> LiveTV work again. This started happening when I upgraded to 0.20. I was
> previously running pre-0.20 SVN code that I'd compiled myself without any
> problems. Here's the background on the box:

I've had the same. Entering the EPG is no problem, but leaving back to
LiveTV crashed the whole system. It still reacted to a ping, but apart from
that the system was dead. Not even telnet was possible.

I have to admit, though, I don't remember which version of MythTV I had
that problem with. And I'm not feeling adventurous enough to try it again...

I remember the screen was split into half, one part displaying the EPG,
the other half something else. And the small Live-TV box was black with
some white text in it. And I didn't have to repair the database...

No Ubuntu here. Which version of the nvidia-driver are you using? I'm
using 1.0-8774.

Anyone else having (had) this problem?

  Mike