[mythtv-users] alsa settings and screen blanking

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 11 18:44:08 UTC 2006

On 10/11/06 10:48, James Pifer wrote:

>Somehow my alsa settings keep getting reset for no reason. The machine
>hasn't been restarted or anything, yet the alsa settings are back at
>some default. I have my alsa settings stored using /usr/sbin/alsactl
>store.
>
>When my box starts up I'm using a script like the one on Jarod Wilson's
>site for starting the frontend which also runs: /usr/sbin/alsactl
>restore.
>
>This works, but at some point it resets. Any ideas what could be
>happening?

Sounds like someone has internal volume controls enabled, but is using
external programs to change the volume sometimes.  Myth always resets
the volume to whatever was used last when internal volume controls are
enabled and Myth uses the sound.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/216154#216154

Mike