[mythtv-users] Entering Edit Mode in .20

CHRIS KOTTING ckotting at wideopenwest.com
Wed Oct 11 19:45:25 UTC 2006

I've hit an odd problem in MythTV 0.20.
Background:
Combined Frontend/Backend running under Fedora Core 5, set up per J.
Wilson's instructions.  Updated (via yum -y update) yesterday in an attempt
to get MythArchive working reliably, and it now seems to be.

Late yesterday, I was watching a recording (that had been comflagged) and
wanted to generate a cutlist in preparation for archiving.  However, no
matter what I did, I couldn't get into Edit mode.  Hitting "E" gave me an
OSD, but not the Editing OSD.

I was able to get into Edit mode by hitting "E" on some recordings, but it
wasn't consistent, even within the same recording.  It's almost as though
the Playback mode isn't catching the keyboard input correctly.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Any thoughts on where I should start
hunting?

Thanks!

Chris K.