[mythtv-users] Any use of imdb data? I found a java tool to import into mysql.

Vijay Gill vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 12:21:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

I found a tool called Java Movie Database (which I will test when I go
home) to import the imdb text data into mysql/postgres database.

I tried tv_imdb which can be used to add more information to the
listings downloaded from radiotimes.com, but it takes too much memory
which my 256Mb machine cannot handle (I mean it was swapping badly and
my system became very slow/less responsive).

Now I can use this tool to import data on my linux machine into a
MySQL data by running it on a windows machine which is a lot beefier
than the Linux machine I have.

But I wonder if this can be used with MythTV.

Also I tried the latest version of XMLTV (downloaded from sourceforge)
on the IMDB data files but it did not work. I had thought that I will
run tv_imdb on windows and then transfer the processed files to linux.

I am also thinking of writing a small program myself to update the
programs table in mythconverg with the imported information. This will
run after every mythfilldatabase operation.

Any comments?

Vijay