[mythtv-users] NTP drift...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 14:32:41 UTC 2006

On 10/12/06, Jimbo <jim at jamesberwick.com> wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
> >
> > They have alarm clock radio's that sync to the air broadcasted time
> > clock. Or just use your trusty GPS locator ;-) most have an alarm
> > clock function and they have their clock synced via GPS.
> >

> I have one of those alarm clocks that sync to the air broadcasted time.
>    It is consistently 21 minutes slow, but I've been using it so long
> that my brain auto-syncs to the difference in time.  This morning, I
> woke up and looked at the clock and saw "8:26" and instantly knew that
> there was no chance I was making it to work at 9:00am.

you should find out who handles your local broadcast and tell them to
fix their clock. I remember back when VCR's first started syncing to
PBS station clock signals that the L.A. PBS station was off by some
random minute amount. It got to the point where some of the local TV
news stations did stories on it. They promptly fixed it.

so perhaps a GPS alarm-clock radio is needed...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!