[mythtv-users] LIRC+Myth+DirecTV D10 help

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Oct 12 14:44:34 UTC 2006

On Oct 12, 2006, at 6:59 AM, Jeff Simpson wrote:

>> I'd rather not go the usb-to-serial route if I can get some basic
>> channel changing working.
>
> if you have a D10, you don't need usb->serial, you can just use serial
> directly. The D11 is the one that has USB.
>
>  - Jeff

You'll be much happier with a serial connect to your box. I don't
worry about channel changes any more. With my irblaster, it would
miss about half the time. Maybe I just never got it positioned
correctly, but I spent hours trying. Once the serial cable is
working, it keeps on working flawlessly and you don't even think
about it again.