[mythtv-users] Mythstream Web Interface

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 13 06:47:08 UTC 2006

On 10/12/06 22:24, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

>I'm curious if anyone has written a web interface to create
>MythStream storage files. It seems simple enough, but I didn't want
>to repeat efforts. Might be nice to have a web page where people can
>credit, edit and share their stream lists. I thought I remember
>reading something about this, but gossamer and google didn't turn up
>anything of interest.

Would be much harder if Apache/MythWeb are on a different host from your
frontend(s).  You'd be much better off using MythStream's database
storage if you want a web interface for editing.

Oh, and BTW, there's a mythstreamweb directory in the source
distribution of MythStream that probably does exactly that, but I
haven't used it (I'm very loyal to my 'net radio station, so I don't
really need to edit my storage).  Now, if it allowed me to use MythWeb
to start up/control MythStream on the MythTV frontend, I might be
interested; but I don't even think mythstreamweb has been updated since
the network control was added to MythTV (and, really, it would be more
appropriate to make a general network control module for MythWeb, rather
than stick a portion of it in a mythstreamweb module).

Mik