[mythtv-users] flashing/flickering on playback after pause

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 10:09:32 UTC 2006

On 12/10/06, jmk <jmk at foofus.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 21:28 -0700, Nowhere wrote:
> > I believe I am seeing the same thing on my system after upgrading from 0.18
> > to 0.20 via a fresh install. I see what are lines flickering horizontally on
> > the screeen, probably about 1 pixel in height and randomly scattered both
> > vertically and horizontally. They only appear while playing back video in
> > MythTV, not at the menus nor at the Fedora desktop.
> >
> > I just ran down to check if it was correlated to pausing and it seems to be
> > only loosely so. It flickers much more when paused but if I jump forward
> > several times it seems to have the same effect. Also I see it without doing
> > anything but much less frequently.
>
> I'm having the same issue. The random flickering horizontal lines appear
> both during normal playback using the internal MythTV player and when
> the video is paused. The fact that the lines are flickering all about
> even when the video is paused is very confusing to me. I've messed
> around some with the interlaced setting and available filters. Nothing
> I've done so far has produced any noticeable change to the issue. Not
> really sure where to start with regards to debugging this. I keep hoping
> it'll just go away...

I see some oddness when, after having initially forced the video to
Interlaced (Reversed) when the interlace detection fails, pausing and
then resuming reverts back to autodetect which requires a further
forcing to Interlaced (Reversed). This happens with both recordings
and Internal DVD playback.

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/