[mythtv-users] AverMedia A180 loading saa7134, need saa7134-dvb...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 11:57:08 UTC 2006

On 10/12/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have two A180's and saa7134 is loaded and the cards work fine, so I
> > don't see what the issue is?
>
> Thanks for the response.  I am having one *$%# of a time getting one
> working.  In trying everything 'suggested' around the web, I wanted to
> see if I could load only the saa7134-dvb without the saa7134 because
> it seems to be suggested 'here and there' including the mythtv wiki,
> for this card.
>
> I've got a pcHDTV 5500 working no problem, and I've had (in the past,
> but it's gone now) an HD3000 working as well.  So I figure I can
> pretty well figure out how to make the HDTV tuner cards work, but this
> one is stumping me.
>
> I run dvbscan and (once it gets to actual channels) I get:
> WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!
<snip>

> And increasing the timeout (with the -5 option) changes nothing.  I've
> also tried using QAM just to see if it's something in the card hating
> 8VSB, but there is little difference.  Just for kicks I tried, and
> this card also gives me nothing inside of mythtv ;)

have you tried tuning to channels you scanned with the HD5500? The
frequencies won't change.
If that doesn't work, perhaps it's a conflict with the HD5500? I have
my two A180's with my HD3000 and they work fine, but the 5500 uses
different drivers. Try taking the HD5500 out of the machine to see if
it gets the A180 working. Though it looks like it should be working
and could just be a bad tuner on the card.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!