[mythtv-users] lirc help

Jake Sallee spark at breathedeeply.com
Fri Oct 13 16:05:31 UTC 2006

On Friday 06 October 2006 02:56, Nick wrote:
> On 06/10/06, Jake Sallee <spark at breathedeeply.com> wrote:
> > Ok, once last thing before I create the lircd.conf.  irrecord says "hold
> > down an arbitrary button".
> >
> > For some reason, the irrecord program does not detect some of the keys on
> > my remote.  Like "Go" or "Guide" or "TV", "Videos", "Music", "Pictures".
>
> If you are still using the Hauppauge remote, have you installed the
> lircd.conf file you downloaded from LIRC and installed it as
> /etc/lird.conf. You shouldn't need to re-record the lircd.conf file if
> your input changes.
>
> For information, if you still want to try and use irrecord to record a
> new remote config for the Hauppauge remote, you can install the
> RC5.conf header file (available from the LIRC site, or in the LIRC
> download tarball) as /etc/lircd.conf, and then irrecord will use that
> to record your irrecord output in RC5 (an IR signalling protocol)
> format.
>
> I would recommend installing the Hauppauge lircd.conf file, then
> running irw again, now that you have lircd running with the correct
> input, and see if that gets your remote running. Certainly much
> quicker than re-recording your remote if you don't need to!

Finally got around to this last night.  I changed the input for lirc and then
ran irw.  The only buttons that work are the numbers.  I don't think the
lircd.conf file I downloaded from the lirc site fully works with my remote.
Do you know if hauppauge changes the output codes?

I think that I'll have to use irrecord to get it working correctly.  The
numbers work in mythtv now, I just got to get the rest of the buttons
working.

Jake Sallee  spark at breathedeeply.com
www.breathedeeply.com

Registered Linux User #358012  http://counter.li.org