[mythtv-users] backend crash - fatal flex scanner internal error

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 13 18:30:05 UTC 2006

On 10/13/06 03:22, Chris Rouch wrote:

>Mythbackend crashed again yesterday. the last message in the logs is
>
>fatal flex scanner internal error--end of buffer missed

Broken toolchain--not Myth's fault.  (And something that would make me
question the validity of every app on the system.)

>This happened while no-one was using it, and about 30 minutes before
>anything was scheduled to record. This is on FC4 with mythtv from
>atrpms (0.20-139, based on SVN r11293).
>
>Does anyone know if this has been fixed recently either in atrpms
>(latest is based on SVN r11499) or more recently in SVN, or should I
>raise a bug?

That might be hard to figure out.  After all, there's nothing in that
error message that would be useful for a search of the mailing list archives

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=flex+scanner&search_type=AND

So, you'd never find that thread on -dev.  ;)

Mike