[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.20 and Ubuntu

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 13 19:02:09 UTC 2006

On 10/13/06 07:49, Robin Neatherway wrote:

>>Oh cool, does this patch disable the screensaver while the frontend is
>>running? That's really bugging me on dapper. I had to set the
>>screensaver to 60 minutes and to touch the mouse once in an hour :(
>>

>You can make a wrapper script that disables and reenables xscreensaver
>either side of mythfrontend

If you're truly using xscreensaver (and not something else that you
think is xscreensaver), Myth takes care of enabling/disabling the screen
saver at appropriate times (assuming xscreensaver-command exists in the
PATH of the user running mythfrontend--which is probably why someone
would think this doesn't work ;).

Mike