[mythtv-users] Timestrech and Lirc

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 21:16:19 UTC 2006

Justin Luitjens <luitjens at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

>I am trying to program a hauppage grey & black remote to bring up the
>adjust time stretch menu when I push the green button.  I have set up
>the key configuration in mythtv for this "Turn on time stretch control"
>to be a unique key, I have restarted lircd and restarted mythtv but when
>I push the green button the TV OSD shows up instead of the adjust
>timestrech control.  When I push the key that "Turn on time stretch
>control" is binded on the keyboard the control comes up just fine.  I
>believe, somehow lirc is sending the wrong key press but I have changed
>the key to many differen't keys and none of them worked.  Anyone else
>see this problem or know how to fix it?

I had seemingly odd problems like this with lirc that turned out to be
problems in the config file.  Make sure you have one and only one key
assigned to the "green button".  Otherwise lirc might be trying to push this
key as well as your desired key (or instead of your key.)  Without seeing
the config file I can't say for sure but that would be my guess.