[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.20 and Ubuntu

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 21:18:20 UTC 2006

> Oh cool, does this patch disable the screensaver while the frontend is
> running? That's really bugging me on dapper. I had to set the
> screensaver to 60 minutes and to touch the mouse once in an hour :(

The patch is a gnome-screensaver patch similar to the patches applied to
xine and mplayer by Ubuntu.  It should be on both dapper (my builds) and
edgy builds (official builds).  If you turn on xscreensaver, expect the
"xscreensaver" support in myth to not do anything.

That's a pity. Does it mean myth in edgy will stay at 0.20 and so
> incompatible with all other distros because only security patches are
> allowed after a release??
>
> A MOTU has acked the newer patches for the bugs I had open.  The new
versions are available in edgy now, and I have also put them on my dapper.