[mythtv-users] Setting the right audio device in mythtv

Nathan A. Smith nasa01 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 14 12:10:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am trying to get my audio to work (still....)  and have gotten to this
point.

The following commands produce sound as expected:

mplayer -ao alsa -ac hwac3 bjorn_lynne-secret_world_\(surround_version
\).ac3
speaker-test -Dplug:iec958 -c6
aplay -Dplug:dmix english.au
mplayer Music/Country/Shania\ Twain* -ao alsa:device=plughw=dmix
mplayer Music/Country/* -ao alsa:device=plughw=iec958

in addition I can use -Dplug=default.

But putting any of those devices (dmix, iec958, default) in the general
settings dialog produces errors from
unknown PCM
"no such file or directory"

So, how do I translate what works to what Myth needs?

Nasa