[mythtv-users] LiveTV Change channel

Michel van der Kleij michel at tukcedo.nl
Sat Oct 14 13:43:51 UTC 2006

Listers,

I managed to get LiveTV working now. Had to change card type (MPEG-2 for my
PVR-150) and change codec to MPEG-4.

Now I have a problem changing channels: I can't!

LiveTV starts with a channel ID of 1044 which is the cable provider's index
page (I think I specified that somewhere during setup I seem to remember), but
none of the keys or numbers I type in result in another channel. The index
channel is labelled "Unknown" but that might be because of the program guide.

I have two sets of entries in the channel table: one set that was obtained by
running a frequency scan, the other by "mythfilldatabase --manual". These are
some entries from that table:

| chanid | freqid | name                | channum |
|   1039 | 343250 | Animal Planet       | S26     |
|     34 | NULL   | Animal Planet       | S26     |
|     14 | NULL   | ARD                 | 21      |
|   1045 | 391250 | BBC 1               | S32     |
|     12 | NULL   | BBC 1               | S32     |
|     13 | NULL   | BBC 2               | E21     |
|   1055 | 409250 | BBC 2               | E21     |

And the channel that works is:

|   1044 | 383250 | Mozaiekbeeld        | S31     |

Even though I don't like these high channel numbers (I intend to change them
later), I would guess that typing "1039" would give me that channel, or
perhaps even "S26". But it doesn't. I can change channel by using ivtv-tune
though, but with more "sensible" numbers, like 5 or 9.

Does anyone recognise this problem and know what to do about it?

Thanx!

Michel.
--
M.J.L. van der Kleij