[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase autorun config file location error

Neil Sedger mythtv-users at moley.org.uk
Sat Oct 14 15:26:45 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Because the environment from which this is being run doesn't have a HOME
> environment variable defined.

Indeed. How odd. I thought that Fedora initscripts would automatically pick up the user's (root) environment. A quick test shows it doesn't even have $USER!

I've edited the initscript to hardcode the HOME var as you suggested, thanks.

I'd have thought this problem would happen to more people though, I haven't seen it mentioned in the docs, install guide or FAQ.

Cheers
Neil