[mythtv-users] DVD and Deinterlacing

Jim herold jim.herold at comcast.net
Sat Oct 14 17:16:12 UTC 2006

1st off, kudos to all the developers on a great Myth release.  Really
like .20 and have had few issues with it.

I'm runnin' .20 (the official release, no fixes, no SVN at this time) on
OpenSuSE 10.1.  I'm using PAWM for my window manager.  The hardware is
an Asus A8M-VM CSM with an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ for a processor.  I'm
using the onboard DVI to connect to an HDMI input on a Sharp Aquos
display.  I'm using the SPDIF header to connect coaxially to my surround
sound.  I've been successful getting XvMC working as well.

I also had to add the "UseXvMCForHDOnly" DB entry to be able to playback
DVD's with XvMC enabled.

So, I'm usin' MythTv .20 for DVD playback with the internal player.
I've got a DVD with some short video clips (5 minutes or so) broken up
by menus in between.

I'm noticing deinterlacing problems.  What I've noticed is that I can
watch the 1st video clip and everything is looking great.  The 1st menu
is actually split and I can see it twice on the screen (up and down).
Once I continue into the 2nd video clip deinterlacing is gone and I can
see the splitting of the fields with motion.  All additional menus
display correctly with a single image, but all additional video displays
the same lack of deinterlacing.

So, is this a bug or do I have something configured incorrectly?  Anyone
have any thoughts?

Thanks everybody,
Jim H.