[mythtv-users] TVOut blank with nvidia-graphics8774-kmdl-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5-1.0_8774-75.fc5.at

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at me.vt.edu
Sun Oct 15 17:26:53 UTC 2006

	Hey folks... pulling my hair out trying to set up my brother's
new mythbox.  It's a fresh FC5 install via Jarod's guide.  The video card
is (from lspci)
nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x] (rev c1)

	The tvout worked fine on the old knoppmyth install, and the
console/bios side works.  It's just that when X loads, the tvout stays
blank.  I've run through all combinations of CRT, TV connection in
xorg.conf, as well as both COMPOSITE and SVIDEO options.  Looking through
the logs, it seems like everything is just fine.  The only problem is that
there's no picture on the TV.  I'm highly suspect of it being a bug in the
nvidia driver at this point.  I tried installing an older set of nvidia
RPMS, but they're not all available with the kernels I can run.

	Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
-Cory