[mythtv-users] TVOut blank with nvidia-graphics8774-kmdl-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5-1.0_8774-75.fc5.at

Cymen Vig cymenvig at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 23:33:51 UTC 2006

On 10/15/06, Cory Papenfuss <papenfuss at me.vt.edu> wrote:
> > Is this a fresh reboot after connecting disconnecting a crt monitor, or
> > leaving the computer up and switching to tv?    Did you give the nvidia
> > beta drivers a shot at all?
> >
>         I did a variety of combinations of monitor/TV plugged in during
> bootup.  I got the vanilla nvidia drivers thinking it might be an rpm
> thing, but they don't go either.  Same with the beta drivers.

I've got the exact same card (rev c1 too) and I noticed it was a bit
flakey when using the VGA port the other day. I couldn't get it to
switch back to SVideo without hard cycling it a couple of times. But
it looked like the system was booting up in the background so that
part is different. Here is my xorg.conf. Note I've been fiddling
around with different modes so you may need to tweak the DisplaySize
or resolution but this works well for me (on 4:3 27" CRT via SVideo).

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4
MX 440 AGP 8x] (rev c1)