[mythtv-users] Issue after I installed a DVD burner

John Haritos jharitos at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 04:13:13 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I wanted to see if someone could help me out as I'm totally baffled on what problem I'm having. I orginally installed version 0.19 when it first came out. I then installed version 0.20 when it first came out. All these installations worked with good sound and video quality. This weekend I decided to buy a DVD burner and this is where things went bad. I ended up re-installing MythTV 0.20 and the associated plugins. This probably wasn't a good idea even though I did a make distclean first then did the re-install. I went to view my LiveTV and it looked horrible. It looked like one of those shows where they show people with a night vision lense. I viewed a DVD and this looked good. I then ended up recompilling and reinstalling version 0.19 and the video looked good again. Right after I did the ver 0.19 reinstall I decided I'd retry version 0.20 and once again the video looked horrible. I can't figure out what's going wrong with the video in 0.20 and why the same thing isn't happening in 0.19 since I didn't change any of the settings from 0.19 to 0.20.

Thanks