[mythtv-users] mythfrontend 0.20 Protocol version mismatch (frontend=30, backend=31)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Oct 16 11:00:42 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 02:33:18AM -0700, David Pietromonaco wrote:
> At this point, I have 2 main choices. Try to guess what atrpm package to
> downgrade my backend to to match the website tarball (or recompile the
> backend to match the website code (ugh)). But the backend is working
> fine, I'd rather not mess around with it. So, choice 2 is to try to come
> up with a compatible source for the frontend and compile that again. I
> suppose I'll have to set up (and learn to use, too) subversion somewhere
> and try to hunt around for a compatible source for the frontend.

If you want a 100% compatible source tree, do the following:

o download the src.rpm of ATrpms
o extract its contents (rpm -i or rpm2cpio on non-rpm systems)
o Check the source & patches, most prominently the svnfixes patch

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net