[mythtv-users] PAL AND NTSC Supported Tuner

James Fowler rootless at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 13:57:49 UTC 2006

I have gone through the goldfish archive and searched the user list archive
on Gossamer-Threads. I cannot find what I am looking for:

A tuner that will
     1) work with Myth
     2) that supports both NTSC and PAL signals.

I move around frequently to different parts of the world. My TV only does
NTSC. I need a tuner that will let me handle whatever signal is available
and watch it on my NTSC TV, along with the rest of my collection.

I would love to pay the extra and have hardware MPEG encoding, I can live
without it though.

Is there a single tuner I can buy? Is it possible to have a PAL and an NTSC
turner working simultaneously under Myth?

TIA!

Avarice