[mythtv-users] Problem with debian mythweb

Mark Paulus mark.paulus at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Oct 16 17:25:20 UTC 2006

Hi all,

not sure where to ask this, since I'm not sure where the problem lies.

I just upgraded from the mythtv-0.19/mythplugins-0.19 debian packages to
the 0.20 packages hosted on debian-multimedia.org.

Now, when I try to access mythweb, I am getting a permissions problem
somewhere, but the message is pretty cryptic:

"ERROR
data directory is not writable by www-data.  Please check permissions."

My problem is, which data directory?  And what broke it?

Any insights or hints would be greatly appreciated, since I'm not the
apache2 guru I could be.

Oh yeah, running this under debian sarge, using a 2.6.16 kernel from
backports.org.  Also using mysql-5.0, apache2.

Any other relevant info supplied upon request.