[mythtv-users] lirc problems

wilkinnh at netscape.net wilkinnh at netscape.net
Mon Oct 16 21:43:26 UTC 2006

 i have everything installed and working for my mythtv box...except lirc. its getting really frustrating. i've tried just about everything i can google and i can't get anything to work. i tried the lirc mailing list and no one wanted to help me there...so i'm hoping i can get some help on here. for starters, i ordered an ir receiver from irblaster.info. i know it works cause i could do mode2 and get the pulse and space things to work when i push a button with a remote. that's as much progress as i could get. i'm suspecting that i have a driver issue, but i don't know how to resolve it. one problem could be that i don't know how to configure the lirc setup. if i try and do the home-brew, it says it can't find the kernel source, and i have no idea where or how to set that up. i tried downloading the source and installing it, but that didn't change anything. i tried bypassing the lirc setup and 'fooling' it into using some other remote...that didn't work either. i'm trying to use a sony remote and i found one i think will be compatible with my remote in the remotes package i got from the lirc page. its just the middle step. i'd like to be able to run irrecord or irw and see some results, but i get errors with those as well. any help i can get would be greatly appreciated! thanks
 nate