John Haritos jharitos at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 01:25:27 UTC 2006

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:12:30 -0600
From: Chad <masterclc at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Issue after I installed a DVD burner
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

On 10/15/06, John Haritos <jharitos at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I wanted to see if someone could help me out as I'm totally baffled on what problem I'm having. I orginally installed version 0.19 when it first came out. I then installed version 0.20 when it first came out. All these installations worked with good sound and video quality. This weekend I decided to buy a DVD burner and this is where things went bad. I ended up re-installing MythTV 0.20 and the associated plugins. This probably wasn't a good idea even though I did a make distclean first then did the re-install. I went to view my LiveTV and it looked horrible. It looked like one of those shows where they show people with a night vision lense. I viewed a DVD and this looked good. I then ended up recompilling and reinstalling version 0.19 and the video looked good again. Right after I did the ver 0.19 reinstall I decided I'd retry version 0.20 and once again the video looked horrible. I can't figure out what's going wrong with the video in 0.20 and why the same thing isn't happening in 0.19 since I didn't change any of the settings from 0.19 to 0.20.
>
> Thanks

Do you have recordings from 0.19 that you could test after you do the
0.20 update?  Can you tell us a bit about your hardware?

-Chad

Thanks for the response. I ended up re-installing ver 0.19 so yes I do have some recordings from version 0.19. I'm using an ATI TV Remote Wonder tuner card on a 1.7GHZ P4 processor using PcLinuxOS with ~750MB of RAM.

Thanks
John