[mythtv-users] Eject option on Optical menu

Leighton Brough brough at baremetalsoft.com
Tue Oct 17 04:23:59 UTC 2006

I can see from the logs that the Eject option on the DVD menu performs a
umount command. This does unmount the disk and makes it possible for me
to manually eject it, but it doesn't actually automatically eject. What
do I need to do to make this work?

The relevant lines from /etc/fstab look like this:

/dev/cdrom             /mnt/cd   iso9660   user,noauto,unhide      0      0
/dev/dvd               /mnt/dvd  udf       user,noauto,unhide      0      0

I've got the monitor CD/DVD setting checked, as this is the only way I
can see to get MythGallery to view a DVD or CD containing images or
video files. This is something else I'd like to know more about: is it
possible to get the gallery into this mode from the main menu, or does
it only happen in response to inserting a disk (or on detection of a
disk at startup of the frontend)?

Thanks,
Leighton