[mythtv-users] default recording properties

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 18 02:26:23 UTC 2006

On 10/17/06 14:31, Peter Bienstman wrote:

>Is there a way to set default recoding properties for all new subsequently
>defined recordings? (e.g. don't autoexpire, allow transcoding, ...)
>
>I couldn't find anything like that in the settings.

Not really.  The concept of pre-defined settings for recording rules has
been discussed, but no one has submitted any code, yet.

However, there are some one-off "hacks" in the settings, which just
happen to take care of the two you mentioned explicitly:

Auto Expire Default
When enabled, any newly recorded programs will be marked as eligible for
Auto-Expiration. Existing recordings will keep their current value.

(in frontend settings, General, General (Autoexpire))

Default Auto Transcode setting
This is the default value used for the Auto-Transcode setting when a new
scheduled recording is created.

(in frontend settings, General, General (Jobs)--the page after the above
setting)

Mike