[mythtv-users] Double question: ModeLine & Colors

Alessandro Corbelli alessandro.corbelli at guest.net
Wed Oct 18 08:21:36 UTC 2006

Hi all.
i've two questions:
1- I've got an Xbox360 set up with VGA cable and a resolution of 1360x768 connected to my LCD samsung. All is perfect. No overscan o black border around the screen.
    Why when i connect my HTPC (slackware 10.2, geforce 7600 with nvidia drivers) I must choose the correct modeline for my monitor, set the overscan or see black borders?
    Is not possibile to have all automatically like the Xbox360? I wanna make a 'plug&play' system for my monitor and for some others without getting crazy with modelines.

2- I've made a background for mythtv with my laptop. On laptop colors are perfect, but on mythtv & my lcd tv, colors are very different. Very dark blue will be light blu and some other colors are different. Xorg is set up correctly because I can see movies or other things perfectly... And also the LCD TV is set up correctly (xbox colors are great, television or DVD are great and so on...)

Thanks in advance (sorry for English, I'm Italian)