[mythtv-users] zap2it guide data wrong in myth, correct in zap2it site?

Derek Battams derek at battams.ca
Thu Oct 19 06:25:50 UTC 2006

Quoting Marco Nelissen <marcone at xs4all.nl>:

> This Sunday, NBC is doing a 'Heroes Marathon', three episodes in a row.
> On the zap2it website this is listed correctly, but in mythtv these
> don't show up at all, it only shows the episode on Monday.
> Is there something wrong with my config, or is zap2it screwing up?

Since Myth grabs listings up to two weeks in advance, it's likely that
the listings were different at the time they were grabbed for the
day/channel in question.  Myth won't update this Sunday's listings
until Saturday's mythfilldatabase run, at which time the listings will
be updated.  Zap2It's web site reflects changes to the listings as
soon as they are updated by the source, whereas Myth won't update the
listings until the day before, unless you tell mfd otherwise, which is
not recommended as it puts an unnecessary strain on the Zap2It servers.

   - Derek