[mythtv-users] AMD64, Nvidia 6200, MythTV

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Oct 19 16:59:47 UTC 2006

I finally decided to tackle the project of building a MythTV box at
home.  I loaded up FC5 x64 on an AMD Sempron64 3000+ system with a
PVR-150, Nvidia 6200 (with svideo) connected to a simple analog TV and a
DirecTv satellite receiver.

All went well.  I manged to get the entire system up and running (after
debugging a bad 512MB memory module.. I've RMA'ed that!), updated
everything, got MythTV installed, and attacked the setup.  I had a
couple of odd hangs of the system during the setup process, and, after
restarts, I was able to pick up where I left off.

I brought up the frontend and managed, after a couple of similar hangs,
to get everything there configured and actually had video (no audio
because I had not picked up the right cable at the time).  Nice.  So, I
brought it all down and attacked the Lirc stuff.