[mythtv-users] It just keeps getting better

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 17:17:48 UTC 2006

I'd like to add to david's post.  Just recently I upgraded to .20 and
configured lossless transcoding on the backend with commercial
cutting.  I use a MediaMVP as my frontend and have been hand skipping
commercials for a few years.  Not anymore.

I also created a script to transcode the files for my PDA.  Now I can
watch what I want, when I want, and most importantly... where I want.
It doesn't matter if it's on the regular TV or sitting on the deck
with a blanket after dark in the cool fall air.

I haven't been this excited about Mythtv since I originally got it
running a few years ago.

It just keeps getting better.

Keep up the great work.

P.S. I've seen alot of posts about what kind of speed is needed to run
.20.  I am using an AMD  1700xp with 512M ram, a PVR150, and 160G
drive for video.  No problems what so ever even when transcoding a
file for the PDA at 99% CPU and recording a show.  I rarely watch
shows on the frontend though since I use the MediaMVP or the PDA for
that.  That's where I think most of the hardware concerns should be.

Jeff