[mythtv-users] zap2it - rsync updates?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Oct 19 17:30:24 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-19-10 at 13:23 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> And, in truth, it /is/ a waste to re-download the listings from 8 days
> from now in case of updates.  It just doesn't matter because Myth will
> get the update /before/ it's required (Myth can't start recording a show
> that airs 8 days from now until, well, 8 days from now).

Yes, but a change to what's showing in 8 days can affect scheduling
today.  Let assume for example that a show I want to record today (the
only showing of it) "foo" is being conflicted by a show "bar".  The myth
scheduler decides to record "bar" due to the scores of the two shows.

However yesterday, zap2it added to the schedule that in 8 days a
duplicate showing of "bar" will occur.  Now I lost the opportunity to
record "foo" and postpone "bar" for the next showing which would have
happened if I had fetched the entire zap2it schedule again.

b.

Brian J. Murrell